Townhouse was created with a single goal: to disrupt and reinvent the global nail salon industry. We are the fastest growing beauty brand in the UK and are driven by a passionate and disruptive team in achieving our mission.
We’ve brought together a world class team from a wide range of industries. And as we’re growing extremely fast, we need brilliant people (like you!) - to join us on our journey and help us deliver our goal.
This role will suit an experienced Academy Trainer with Nail Technician experience who has a track record in delivering excellent results.
BEING A TOWNHOUSE EMPLOYEE:
- Private healthcare and wellness support – Benefit from the nail industry’s first private healthcare package including free telephone / video GP appointments and treatment in private hospitals if there is a long wait on the NHS
- Shopping discounts - a range of discounts on some of the largest brands to save you money everyday
- Birthday Pamper Party: During your birthday month, bring a friend for a free signature manicure/pedicure and a glass of bubbles!
- Social Budget - Every month your manager gets a budget to spend pampering you and your team. Expect treats, lunch at work or a night out – to be agreed with your manager!
- Holiday on us: An extra day paid holiday on your annual allowance for every whole year you have been with Townhouse - up to 5 extra days!
- Employee Discount: 75% discount on treatments
- Interest free advance - To cover you for any emergencies and to avoid interest costs, we will provide up to a £50 advance for every day you have worked for us in a month.
- Refer a Friend: Earn up to £550 for every successful hire you introduce to Townhouse.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The Academy Trainer is responsible for ensuring new salon employees are trained to provide core services at the required minimum standard and to use required products, systems and equipment safely. This role is pivotal in ensuring that the Academy is a nurturing and inspiring location which help to create highly motivated individuals. This role is educational, delivering structured lesson plans in a classroom-based environment.
· Identify individual new salon employees (NSEs) areas for improvement, tailoring training technique & instruction to meet their specific learning style
· Provide constructive feedback to NSEs, highlighting areas for improvement & celebrating successes
· Impart a strong sense of professionalism, a healthy work ethic and the need for teamwork
· Maintain a positive and inclusive classroom environment that encourages collaboration, respect and open communication
· Address and resolve any conflicts or issues that arise
· Assist in the training and induction of new members of the Training team
· Train a high level of customer service, emphasizing the importance of building and maintaining client relationships
· Ensure that NSEs are treating models as customers and performing appropriate checks during treatments to ensure a high level of satisfaction with service provided
Guide NSEs through practical exercises including manicures & pedicures to hone their skills, providing real-time feedback and corrective guidance covering:
- Colour Refresh Hands Polish
- Signature Manicure With Polish
- Signature Manicure With Gel
- Luxury Manicure With Polish
- Luxury Manicure With Gel
- Colour Refresh Feet Polish
- Colour Refresh Feet Gel
- Signature Pedicure With Polish
- Signature Pedicure With Gel
- Luxury Pedicure With Polish
- Luxury Pedicure With Gel
- Callus removal
· Teach NSEs how to properly use nail care tools, equipment and products
· Teach NSEs exemplary hygiene and safety practices
· Carry out regular assessments to measure NSE understanding and proficiency in Townhouse nail care techniques
· Keep accurate records of attendance, scoring and NSE progress, achieving a minimum pass rate from Academy to Salon of 95%
· Minimum NVQ Level 2 Beauty Therapy or Nail Technology is desirable
· Extensive experience as a professional nail technician or nail artist
· Strong communication and presentation skills
· Passion for teaching and helping others succeed
· Up-to-date knowledge of nail care products, tools and techniques
· Patience, adaptability, and the ability to work with diverse groups of students
· Organizational skills for curriculum planning and administrative tasks
- Based at the Training Academy in central London however occasional travel to other locations may be required